The main reasons, can´t be questioned:
1. About 500 million people speak Spanish, so you can talk to 7% of the world population.
2. Spanish is the second most spoken language in the world (almost 388 million people in 21 countries).
3. After English, Chinese, Hindi, Spanish is the fourth most spoken language in the world.
4. In the international media, Spanish is the third most spoken language. Therefore, it is necessary to speak Spanish if you work in the economic area (about 12.5% of the US´s and European Union´s population speak Spanish).
5. Spanish is the official language of the European Union and United Nations.
Now, Spanish is the second most spoken language at work, according to a survey by IPSOS Research Institute, in 24 countries around the world. The survey showed that 5% of workers use Spanish to communicate with colleagues or customers overseas, compared with Chinese (4%), French (3%), German (2%), Arabic (2%), Hindu (2%), Italian (2%) or Russian (2%). English still is by far the most spoken language, with 67% of all.
6. Spanish is the most spoken language in United Kingdom, Brazil and United States, and is the second most spoken foreign language in France or Germany.
7. Furthermore, Hispanic culture has a strong influence in the global architecture (Santiago Calatrava), in art (Picasso), and in literature (Gabriel García Márquez).
I’m sure that you have been convinced to learn Spanish! You don´t know where? Don´t worry, we are here to make your decision easier. Have a look!