GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS OF
AIP LANGUAGE INSTITUTE SUMMER PROGRAMS
- Both our Youth Soccer Camp and Teen Summer Program have accommodation included in their price, which comes with full board, weekly laundry and other services described in our programs’ web pages and the Student and Parent guide.
- Our programs offer two different accommodation options: residence hall and local host family. When choosing the first one, our participants can be accommodated in a double or triple room. When staying with a family, the participants stay in a double bedroom.
- The families we work with only collaborate with our school, so our students will only share their bedroom with another student of our school.
- Those who decide to stay with a local host family will receive an email with key information about their assigned family two weeks prior arrival.
DURATION AND STARTING DATES
YOUTH SOCCER CAMP
- Participants can stay in our summer soccer camp from 1 to 4 weeks.
- Week 1: July 4th – July 11th
- Week 2: July 11th – July 18th
- Week 3: July 18th – July 25th
- Week 4: July 25th – August 1st
- When the student is an absolute beginner, they can only start the youth soccer camp on July 4th or July 18th.
- Each week of our camp goes from Saturday to Saturday.
- If a participant wants to stay longer in Valencia once the soccer program is over, they can join our Teen Summer Program.
TEEN SUMMER PROGRAM
- Participants can stay in our teen summer program from 1 to 9 weeks.
- Week 1: June 27th – July 4th
- Week 2: July 4th – July 11th
- Week 3: July 11th – July 18th
- Week 4: July 18th – July 25th
- Week 5: July 25th – August 1st
- Week 6: August 1st – August 8th
- Week 7: August 8th – August 15th
- Week 8: August 15th – August 22nd
- Week 9: August 22nd – August 29th
- When the student is an absolute beginner, they can only join our teen summer program on June 27th, July 11th, July 25th, August 8th and August 22nd.
- Each week of our program goes from Saturday to Saturday.
- If the participant is 15 or older, they can extend their stay in our Spanish school for adults.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE
- Each week of our summer programs goes from Saturday to Saturday. If a student needs to arrive a day in advance or leave a day later, there is a charge of €75/day with full-board and day activities.
- Both of our summer programs include transfer from/to the airport/bus station/train station when the participant arrives between 7am and 10.30pm. The participants can be picked up by a staff member of AIP Language Institute or a member of their host family. The journey from/to the airport/bus station/train station can either be made on private car or public transport.
- If a participant is due to arrive between 10.30pm to 7.00am, they will have to hire a special transfer service through AIP Language Institute with a cost of €55 per way.
- Our school has a daily schedule with lessons starting at 9am and finishing around 1pm, and then afternoon/evening activities. Depending on the activity and its starting time, participants might or might not be able to go back home for lunch. All participants are responsible of arriving at school on time, as well as going back home once the activities are over. We always try to accommodate our students in apartments located as close as possible to the school, though, sometimes, their accommodation may not be within walking distance from the school.
- Valencia is a very safe city with an excellent public transportation system, including metro, tram and buses. Each participant is provided with a 20-trip travel card, recharged every week, and are instructed about how to use local public transport properly for their daily transfer. Juniors learn very fast how to cope with this issue without any further assistance. Therefore, this becomes a big part of their immersion experience. It will also clearly contribute to their personal growth and development of citizenship skills.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT CONDITIONS
- In order to book a place in the program, participants need to pay €175 in advance, as a deposit, and fill in our Enrollment Form. The deposit can be paid via bank transfer, credit card or PayPal. This amount will then be deducted from the final price of the course, and final payment should be made one month before the beginning of the course, at the latest.
- If they payment is made via bank transfer, please send us a copy of the bank receipt with the name of the student by email as soon as it is completed. These are the details of our bank account:
- Company name: Advisers for International Programs in Spain, S.L.
- IBAN Number: ES05 0075 1129 4206 0018 7614
- BIC Code: BSCHESMM
- Bank name: Banco Santander
- Bank address: C/ el Bachiller, 6 – 46010 Valencia
- The participant’s name should be mentioned on all payments. All bank charges are the participant’s responsibility.
- Upon receipt of the deposit (€175), we will send you an email confirming your admission to the specified program. This is a non-refundable deposit.
- Participants may cancel their place in the program, which will be effective immediately upon receipt via email. The total amount refunded will depend on when the course is cancelled. If the program is cancelled at least 15 days before the beginning of the course, 80% of the final cost will be refunded. When cancellation takes place less than 15 days before the beginning of the course, 50% of the final price will be refunded. There will be no refund for those cancelling the course 24 hours before arrival.
- There is no refund for days missed of the program or for a late arrival or early departure.
- Should a student wish to change their host family, AIP Language Institute will do so after giving due consideration and after having discussed it with both the student and the host family. It will take no more than 24h except if the problem arises on the weekend, as it would then have to be addressed on Monday.
SAFETY & HEALTH INSURANCE
- The price of our Youth Football Camp already includes an extra health insurance for each participant. In the case of our Teen Summer Program, we strongly recommend participants to get a full travel and health insurance cover before coming to Spain, especially if the participant is from a non-EU country. If necessary, AIP Language Institute can provide a full private insurance.
- EU Nationals should have an E111 form with them when coming to Valencia.
- All participants are advised to get an insurance that covers loss of fees and/or expenses that may incur due to cancellation or sudden early departure from the program.
- Nationals of the following countries do not require a visa for stays of up to 90 days:
- (a) EU countries, Australia, Canada, Japan and US.
- (b) Brazil, Croatia, Cyprus, Iceland, Israel, Korea (Rep. Of), Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands Antilles, New Zealand, San Marino, Singapore, Switzerland and Vatican City, apart from other Latin American countries. Those studying longer than 90 days may require a student visa except EU country nationals.
- The school will give assistance to students when applying for a Visa
- A 6 to 8-week period is necessary for the Visa application process to be completed. So, bear this in mind when registering for a course and choosing the dates of it.
- If you are interested in booking a place in the Teen Summer Program, a €500 deposit must be paid as proof of real interest in taking the course, together with Embassy or Consulate, we will refund the entire visa deposit, but not the €175 course deposit.
- A deposit of €500 plus the deposit of reservation of €175 is due (deducted from final invoice). If the application for a Visa is refused by the Spanish Embassy or Consulate, we will refund the deposit and any other paid fees after the deduction of an administrative charge of €175 after receiving the refusal letter from the Spanish Embassy or Consulate.
- There will be a telephone number of emergency available 24h. If it’s necessary to change families, we will arrange that within 24h.
- AIP Language Institute does not assume responsibility for loss, delay or accident of any kind whatsoever that may occur due to fault or negligence of any company or persons carrying out auxiliary arrangements.
- Our school reserves the right to cancel any arrangements or bookings without prior notice if payment conditions are not met. i.e., in the event of the outstanding amount for the Program has not been covered within the given timeframe.
- AIP Language Institute reserves the right to dismiss any student for misconduct or at any time the participant violates the rules of the centre in which the Program is carried out, lacking discipline, repeated bad behavior, drug abuse, the consumption of alcohol by minors, dangerous conduct to the student or others, or engagement in criminal behavior. Whether the participant’s behavior justifies dismissal from the Programs shall at the sole discretion of AIP. In such case, the participant or his/her legal representatives shall bear the costs caused by the participant’s return to their home country: the cancellation fee, return trip, compensation to the third parties for the damages done and arising from, and for those that AIP will be forced to make because of the participant’s actions, regardless of any other responsibility due to Participant’s misconduct and negligence.
- In the event of an emergency requiring surgery, hospitalization, or other medical care Advisers for International Programs in Spain, S.L will be the one to take any action they deem appropriate under the circumstances, including but not limited to: arranging for medical or psychiatric treatment, the administration of prescription drugs, and transportation back to his/her country. AIP Language Institute will not cover costs that may arise because of the need for repatriation of student.
- In accordance with the right to the self-image, regulated by the law 5/1982 of May 5th, by signing these general conditions, the participant or his/her legal representative authorize AIP S. L. to use the images taken during the program in order carry out advertising.
- Conflict resolution. Any conflict that may arise between the parties regarding the interpretation, compliance and execution of this contract will be resolved by the competent jurisdictional organizations under applicable law.
- The School is not liable of any promises made by agents to students that do not reflect the policies and services of the school as described on our webpage and brochure. It is the responsibility of the Agent promoting AIP Language Institute to give a true and accurate description of our Programs.
All efforts have been made to give accurate information in this document. Should mistakes or discrepancies occur please bring them to our attention.